Thursday, July 8, 2010

We are pregnant!!!!

In January of 2010 we found out we were having our 4th child, we were shocked and most certainly nervous, it kind of did my head in thinking I was going to be a mother to 4 children. My older boys are 11years, 7 years old, and our youngest who is 20months old. So I was thinking I was going to have my hands full

Considering it was our 4th and we had 3 previously healthy children and all normal pregnancies the doctors weren't concerned about everything and sent me on my way. I was told in a way that really they didn't need to see me untill our 18-20 week scan.

Before we knew it our scan was fast approaching, I thought going in, geez the biggest thing I have to worrry about is it a boy or a girl. If it is a boy, geez I am running out of boy names that I like, if it is a girl, well better get shopping for lots of PINK.

Through the ultrasound @ 19.5 weeks pregnant we were told our baby had a birth defect. We were told it was a boy. The birth defect was Dyaphragmatic hernia. I didn't understand it at first. Then the doctor came in and explained it. I was devastated. daphragmatic hernia is where the is a hole in the diaghram wall and this allows other organs to move up into the chest area. Our baby had his stomach, bowel and spleen inside his chest area which then caused his heart to move to the left side and is now effecting the growth of his lungs.
Depending on how much this affects his lungs will result in what survival rate he will get.

No comments:

Post a Comment