Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cogenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness


I just wanted to dedicate this entry to create awareness to Cogenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. This is the condition that Harrison had, that cost him his life. This is usually picked up on Scans. Harrison's was picked up on his 20 week scan. This is where there is a hole in the Diaphragm wall and it allows organs from the stomach area to move up into the chest cavity and affects your baby's lung growth and can also affect babies hearts. Harrison had his stomach and his bowel in his chest cavity, this caused his heart to shift over to the left side and then affected his lung growth. Harrison's heart wasn't affected other then being moved over to the wrong side, but babies that aren't born with enough lung can not breath and there is nothing any one can do about it. Therefore this cost my son who was 28 hours young his life. Some babies do survive this condition. It depends on the severity of the hernia, and how much it has affected the lung growth. I miss my son so very much. I hope that one day my son's story can help another family cope with there journey with Cogenital Diaphragmatic Hernia.
I love you Harrison. There is not a day, or an hour that goes by that I don't think of you. Missing you so very much. Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment