Sunday, October 17, 2010

A wave of Light, friday 15th October 2010

On Friday 15th October 2010, I was invited to the Mater's Memorial Remembrance Service for the International prgnancy and Infant Loss day. This service is to honour and remember your baby that has died and you light a candle in there name. All over the world they do this on this day and it creates a wave of light across the world in honour of all the babies that have been lost. The service was really lovely and so very sad, It is comforting in a way to know there is other people in the same situation as I am but so sad to see so many babies that just haven't made it. I lit a candle for Harrison, I hope he was up in Heaven looking down and knowing I loved him. On the order of Service they had a poem which made me cry as it is so true. This poem sums up evrey day for me.
Memories
I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new
I thought about you yesterday, and days before that too
I think of you in silence, I often speak your name
All I have is memories and you picture in a frame
Your memory is my keepsake, with which I'll never part.
God has you in his keeping; I have you in my heart.
Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment